Dua in Difficulty or distress time






In the world people fall into danger, distress and persecution. As a way of getting rid of these, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) taught different duas on different situation. Some are mentioned below:



"La ilaha illah anta, subhanaka innee kuntu minath-thalimeena"

 (There is no ilah except You, Glorified are Thee, I have been one of the unjust)



It is reported of the Prophet (SAW) that if something distressed him he would say:  
Ya hayyu ya qayyumu, bi-rahmatica stagheethu  (Tirmidhi)
 

(O' Living (a life not followed by death), O Sustainer, in your Mercy I plead for rescue)

উচ্চারণ: ইয়া হাইয়্যু ইয়া কাইয়্যূমু বিরাহমাতিকা আস্তাগীস।
অর্থ: হে চিরঞ্জীব, হে জমিন আসমান ও সমস্ত মাখলুকের রক্ষাকারী, আমা আপনার রহমতের অসীলায় ফরিয়াদ করিতেছি।

At times of distress the Messenger of Allah (SAW) would say:  
La ilaha illal-lahul-Azeemul-haleem, la ilaha illal-lahu rabbul-Arshil-Azeem, la ilaha illal-lahu rabbus-samawati warabbul-ardi warabbul-Arshil-kareem 
(Agreed Upon by Bukhari and Muslim) 
(None has the right to be worshipped except Allah Forbearing.  None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, Lord of the magnificent throne.  None has the right to be worshiped except Allah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the Earth and Lord of the noble throne


Abu Bakrata (RA) stated that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said "The supplications of the distressed are:
Allahumma rahmataka arjoo, fala takilnee ila nafsee tarfata eynin, wa aslihlee sha'nee kullahu, la ilaha illa anta (Abu Dawud)
 

(O' my ilah it is your Mercy that I beseech, so do not entrust me to myself for even a twinkle of an eye, and correct for me all my affairs, there is no ilah other than You)


The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said to Asma bint Umaysin: "Shall I not teach you a few words which you can say when you are distressed - or at the time of distress -  
Allahu allahu rabbee la ushriku bihi shayan" (Abu Dawud)
 

(Allah, Allah my Lord I associate not with Him a thing)

Allah (SWT) said: "Those that say, when afflicted with calamity
Inna lil-lahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon" (Surah Al Baqarah 2:156)
 

(To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return)
...They are those upon whom (descend) blessings from their Lord and Mercy. And they are the ones that are guided." (Surah al Baqarah 2:157)

Ummu Salama (RA) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) saying: "There is not a slave afflicted with a calamity who then says:  
Inna lil-lahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oona, allhumma'jurnee fee museebatee, wa akhliflee khayran minha
 
(We are for Allah, and we are, to Him, returning. 'O my ilah grant me reward in my calamity, and cause it to be succeeded with good consequence for me)






Post a Comment

0 Comments